Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: December 27, 1914 and December 27, 2021

Nora Bauer: Sunday, December 27, 1914

Was to 10 o'clock Mass and to Vespers this afternoon. Mabel & Will, Helen and her friend were over this evening. We had a little ride in Jim's sleigh. 

Nora Spitznogle: Monday, December 27, 2021

Back at work at Second Helpings today. It is warm and rainy today. Spent the evening catching up on writing and cleaning. I feel like I'm always behind! 

You may remember Grandma Nora's friends, Mabel and Will, from their wedding. Still no clue about the embarrassment part. It seems like Nora, Mabel, Will, and Helen are all in the same friend group. Who is Jim? Helen's friend? At any rate, I love the idea of Nora having a sleigh ride. 

Not much to write about my day, busy at work trying to make up for the holiday off and getting ahead since I'm taking Friday off. The temperature was in the 60s - no sleigh rides here!  


No comments:

Post a Comment