Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: December 20, 1914 and December 20, 2021

Nora Bauer: Sunday, December 20, 1914

Went to 10 o'clock Mass today and also to Vespers. Afterwards went to Uncle Frank's and played 500. Heard some news tonight about Mary & Louis. 

Nora Spitznogle: Monday, December 20, 2021

Started the morning at Marigold at the holiday employee breakfast - I'm starting to feel a little bit of the Christmas spirit. Headed downtown to work after. 


I hope that Grandma Nora slept in a bit. It seems like she's always at an earlier Mass. Playing cards sounds fun. You may remember that Nora's Uncle Frank is her Dad's brother and married Nora Doll in January. I wonder what the news about Mary and Louis was? It must have been juicy for her not to risk writing it in her journal. And I haven't sorted out exactly Mary and Louis  are. 

I had a lovely morning, starting the day at Marigold with a festive breakfast. There was a trading gifts game - I was late (I did a wee bit of work online first) so I didn't know what everyone else had to trade, but I got a lovely necklace. 

Downtown for work afterwards. 

Aaron texted today to let me know that he's coming to town on the 29th. We'll head to Louisville the next day to see Danny Flanigan play. I'm excited! 

Happy 19th birthday to my dear nephew, John David! 

No comments:

Post a Comment