Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: December 21, 1914 and December 21, 2021

Nora Bauer: Monday, December 21, 1914

Did some shopping this afternoon. Made some candy tonight. Talked to Helen on the phone. 

Nora Spitznogle: Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Work, lunch with CEO, haircut, and then to Meridian Hills CC to celebrate John David. 

It looks like Grandma Nora shopped for her siblings Will and Anna, and her mama and papa. She purchased a cap for her brother, handkerchiefs for her papa, but no notation of what she bought for the other two. 

And the candy? What kind? 

I wonder what she and Helen talked about? 

I had a lovely day. Worked, had lunch with our new-ish CEO - I hope I didn't babble too much. I got my hair cut then joined J.R., Anna, Molly, John David, and Cousin Jim to celebrate John's birthday.


I can't believe that he's 19 years old! Both Molly and John are students at Purdue. It was to hear about their end of the semester exploits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment