Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: January 27, 1914 and January 27, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Tuesday, January 27, 1914

Uncle Frank & Nora Doll were married this morning at six o'clock. Was very nice out today, just like spring. 

Nora Spitznogle: Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Got a call that I was needed at work early and felt a little discombobulated the rest of the day. 

Grandma Nora's Uncle Frank was one of her Dad's brothers. Nora (Eleanora) Doll was his second or third wife - I'm still trying to sort it out.  His (I think) second wife, Carrie, died in 1911. 
Nora Doll - I just love her name! - was 51 when they married and she lived until 1944. Uncle Frank was 46 when they married and had at least five children. Frank lived until 1954. I'm glad they had a nice day for the wedding. 

I was discombobulated all day - I recognize that the two whiskeys the night before didn't help. I grocery shopped on the way home from work and continued my decluttering project. It has been cold - in the 20s with spirts of rain/sleet/snow - so the yard sale totes are stacking up in the front room. The temperature is supposed to shoot up to 39 on Saturday, so I'll carry the boxes to the garage then.  

No comments:

Post a Comment