Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: November 30, 1914 and November 30, 2021

Nora Bauer: Monday, November 30, 1914

Was still cloudy all day. Helen called me up this evening and told me about her being to the dance at Burrows last Friday night. 

Nora Spitznogle: Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Exciting day at Second Helpings. Indianapolis Colts star player, Jonathon Taylor, volunteered. Lots of logistics and press. It's also Giving Tuesday so the building was buzzing. 


I wonder if Grandma Nora was disappointed that she didn't go to the Friday night dance with Helen? You may remember that she was at singing class that evening.  

Today was such a fun day at work! Remember all of the planning with the Colts marketing folks I was doing? Today was the day.

Jonathon Taylor, running back for the Indianapolis Colts volunteered today - and since he's connected with Campbell's Soup, they donated four pallets of Chicken Noodle Chunky Soup that we turned in the Chicken Pot Pie casseroles. I may have read that chicken pot pie was his favorite food when I was doing research. 
Giving JT a tour of Second Helpings. 


The NFL Network was also tagging along filming for the show *Hard Knocks, plus the Campbell's and Meijer, and the Colt's folks - we had a full house. Since I was giving the tour to JT (as we now call him) I was mic'd most of the day - I'll tell you that keeps you from snarky comments and such. 
JT on the dock. 

Members of the Colts Cheer Team and Mascot Blue delivered meals to our partner agencies. 

This was such a fun day for me - I love coordinating things like this. 

You can watch the video of JT volunteering here: https://twitter.com/i/status/1473352570693242884

*Sadly none of the footage they filmed for Hard Knocks was used for the show - although I appreciated the thank you to Second Helpings that ran in the credits. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment