Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: November 27, 1914 and November 27, 2021

Nora Bauer: Friday, November 27, 1914

Was up town this afternoon. Went to singing class tonight and then did a little fancy work. 

Nora Spitznogle: Saturday, November 27, 2021

Rainy. Visited Uncle Bruce and Cousin Sheila and a WW friend. Dinner and Bob Schneider holiday show.  

                                                                                                                                                                                              
I know that I say this almost every time that Grandma Nora mentions fancy work, but I'd love to see it! 

Heavy rain in Austin, which seems to send everyone into a tizzy. I was going to use Aaron's car to visit Uncle Bruce, about 30 minutes away and then drive to Cousin Sheila's. I got nervous about driving when Sheila suggested that I cancel because of the weather. I hated to be this close to them and not visit. I wound up Ubering to Uncle Bruce's retirement home - the poor driver was so nervous he was shaking. I should have driven. 

It was great to see Uncle Bruce - he was married to Nora and Paul's daughter, Bernadine (1928 - 2004). Bruce and Bernadine were married in 1950. Uncle Bruce is 96 and is going strong. 

Their daughter, Sheila, met me there and was kind enough to drive me back to Aaron's house. It gave us time to catch up - we could have talked all day! 

Aaron was kind enough to drive me to see Jennifer, one of the terrific women that I met on a Weight Watchers board years ago. We're all down in 1961 and have become fast friends. Jennifer's husband had a tragic accident a few weeks ago and is in a hospital in Austin. I'm sorry that we had to meet in the hospital cafeteria, but I was happy to see her. 

Aaron got us great tickets for the Bob Schneider Holiday Show. Unfortunately my stupid fear of heights kicked in. Aaron was very patient and my heart quit racing - and the urge to bolt - calmed down after a few minutes. I've only seen Bob in his singer/songwriter mode, this was fun too - and a fun kickoff to the holiday season. 

We walked over to his local bar after the show for a drink. 

Another fun day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment