Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: November 26, 1914 and November 26, 2021

Nora Bauer: Thursday, November 26, 1914

Went to Church this morning. Went to see Way Down East this afternoon. Clara was over this evening and played cards. 

Nora Spitznogle: Friday, November 26, 2021

Another lazy day. I voted for happier shows after Game of Thrones yesterday. More reading, writing, eating. Went out for dinner.  

It's odd that Grandma Nora didn't mention that it was Thanksgiving. I wonder if the family had a meal together? Way Down East was playing at the Nelson Theatre. The 1914 version was the first one filmed - silent. It was remade in 1920 with Lillian Gish and was quite popular. 

I assume that it is her friend Clara she's speaking of, not her cousin. 

I had another do-nothing day in Austin. The weather isn't cooperating with my dream of sunshine. It's quite chilly and grey. Perfect for laying around and napping and eating. After yesterday's dark shows, I steered us towards happier movies - we watched the Wizard of Oz and Christmas Story. 

We went out for dinner, mostly I suspect because we were feeling like slugs. I can't remember the last time that I didn't leave the house for 44 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment