Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: November 25, 1914 and November 25, 2021

Nora Bauer: Wednesday, November 25, 1914

Went to see Hermine Miller get married today. They had a real pretty wedding. Also went tonight to hear the lecture given by Father Blickman on prison life. 

Nora Spitznogle: Thursday, November 25, 2021

I had a gloriously lazy day. Watched gobs of television - Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade - Santa! - and the first season of Game of Thrones. Intermittent naps and delicious food. 

I loved how weddings in that era happened in the morning and pretty much anyone could attend the ceremony. 

The prison lecture seems like it was pretty banal, I was hoping that it was about prison reform or something juicy.

It's interesting that Grandma Nora doesn't mention the current events of the day. The papers are full of news of the Great War that started in July. Although I'm happy that 20 year old Nora was not fretting about something that she couldn't control. 

I had a perfectly lazy Thanksgiving. I slept in, watched the parade, wrote, ate, napped, and watched more television. I might be one of the last people on earth that hasn't seen Game of Thrones. I was happy to have Aaron explain what the heck was going on. 

Aaron is an excellent cook and prepared a delicious Thanksgiving meal for us - and enough leftovers for the whole weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment