Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: November 24, 1914 and November 24, 2021

Nora Bauer: Tuesday, November 24, 1914

Anna went to the club tonight. I did some fancy work. 

Nora Spitznogle: Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Travelled to Austin. Delicious dinner at Italian restaurant. Drinks after. 


Another easy day for Grandma Nora. I haven't heard her mention work lately. 

I flew to Austin this morning. I was happy for the direct flight, but traveling during a pandemic is fraught with worry - for me anyway. I wore a KN95 mask while in the airport and on the flight. 

Aaron had a work meeting so I Ubered to his house. It was nice to see his living space - guitars galore! I spent the afternoon writing and reading. I feel like I'm in vacation already! 

We went out for a nice dinner at an Italian restaurant and walked to Aaron's local bar for a drink. It's a little chilly, but nice enough to have a night cap on his back porch when we got home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment