Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: December 1, 1914 and December 1, 2021

Nora Bauer: Tuesday, December 1, 1914

Was up town this afternoon. Saw Mary Spitz and her Mother. Finished my center piece tonight.   

Nora Spitznogle: Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Worked downtown today at Second Helpings. Lunch with financial guy. Decorated porch tonight - looks great! 

I think I have this right - Mary Spitznogle is a cousin to Paul. Mary's mother is Honora Minneman (often listed as Nora, so another Nora Spitznogle!) and her papa is Conrad Spitznogle. Another center piece - Grandma Nora was busy. 

Another busy day for me. I had lunch with a financial guy - it's about time that I'm getting my ducks in a row is see if I can ever retire. 
I bought these vintage blow mold decorations at an auction in Boone County last year. They look great on the porch. Note the old C9 lights across the top of the house - a lot of the bulbs are vintage - and I change them seasonally. The lights make the house seem warm and friendly. 
View from outside into my living room. I'm a huge fan of the movie, A Christmas Story, and this leg lamp makes my smile every time I pull into the driveway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment