Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: November 17, 1914 and November 17, 2021

Nora Bauer: Tuesday, November 17, 1914

Mamie and went to [to] the Mile a Minute Girl given by the Elks. It was real good. 

Nora Spitznogle: Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Busy work day, fun meetings, visited the Propylaeum to collect spices, gave a United Way talk, hair cut.  

It looks like the play that the sisters attended was a great success. It was nice of the Elks to sponsor it. 
I had a busy and fun day. A video meeting with the Colts folks, an in-person (so rare in this pandemic era) with the team working on making the NCAA football championship game in January a green event (as little waste as possible), picked up the spices for Second Helpings collected by members of the Propylaeum and enjoyed some nice conversation while there, gave a talk to a company for United Way, and got my hair cut. 

It felt like a pre-pandemic day! 

Second Helpings is such a great asset for the community - we've got great relationships with the venues and hotels in place to recover unused food from events. In a lot of cities the event organizers have to forge those relationships and find a place for the food to go. 

I think my hair is finally to the length that I want it. It's been almost two years since my last color and it's all natural - I think of it as Bauer grey. One of the last things that Dad said to me was, "what color is your hair supposed to be?" My hair is grey in the front and darker in the back. It reminds of how Dad's sister, Aunt Gertie, color pattern. She had a glorious strip of grey in her hair. 


No comments:

Post a Comment