Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: September 25, 1914 and September 25, 2021

Nora Bauer: Friday, September 25, 1914

Baked my first pies this morning. I was pretty awkward at it I guess. Finished up my waist this evening. John E. Barnes died at yesterday at 1:15 P.M.

Nora Spitznogle: Saturday, September 25, 2021

Worked at Second Helpings this morning. Popped into Marigold to get a gift for a darling three year old's birthday. Worked at Red Key Tavern this evening. 


I wonder what kind of pies Grandma Nora made? Why this burst of domesticity? 

John E. Barnes is the father of Grandma Nora's (and sisters Anna and Mamie) employer, John I. Barnes. 
I had a busy and fun day. Spent the morning at Second Helpings, popped into Marigold for a gift for the birthday party of Jeff's grandson. It was great to see Jeff's sisters and friends. 

Worked at the Red Key this evening. Not much to tell about that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment