Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: June 14, 1914 and June 14, 2021

Nora Bauer: Sunday, June 14, 1914

Was very nice today. Got dinner. Was out walking this afternoon and went driving with Paul. Stopped at Spencer Park awhile. 

Nora Spitznogle: Monday, June 14, 2021

Worked downtown this morning and from home this afternoon. Aaron is here for the Flower Man Jam/Jeff Ayers celebration. 

Spencer Park is still going strong - it's fun to think of Grandma Nora and Grandpa courting there. The park has been home to a Dentzel Carousel since 1919. You can read the history by clicking here. I have a vague memory that my cousin David Shepler (son of Joan) built the building that the renovated carousel is housed in. 

Annie is still in the hospital, but doing well - she passed all of the neurological exams with flying colors, thank God!  

Aaron arrived from Texas, ate lunch, and fell asleep on my sofa. I had to fuzz out my background for my video meetings, so it didn't look like there was a dead body on my sofa. 

I woke him up in time to go to the combined Flower Man Jam/celebration of Jeff Ayers birthday. 

Here's a little history on the Flower Man Jam. And some on Jeff Ayers

It was a wonderful evening of music and catching up with friends. This year, there was a little more conversation than music. 

Jeff's daughter and family were there - songs were sung in his honor and his infectious spirit was permeating the party. 
Garry Boles
It was great to hear Aaron play - even though he looks a little pained in this photo. He's a terrific guitar player. 

It was a beautiful evening and I can't describe how wonderful it is to be with friends and hear live music - the pandemic. Oh how I've missed both of those things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment