Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: June 15, 1914 and June 15, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Monday, June 15, 1914

Mamie and I went over to St. Bridget's to see the entertainment. I enjoyed it very much. Everything was real good & comical too. 

Nora Spitznogle: Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Work day, nothing exciting. Aaron and I went to dinner at Some Guys Pizza and for drinks at the Red Key Tavern after. 


I searched for mention of the program at Saint Bridget Catholic Church in the papers - no luck. There were three Catholic Churches in Logansport at the time. Saint Joseph, where Grandma Nora and her family attended - and her grandfather made the bricks to build the church, Saint Vincent, where my mother's family belonged, and Saint Bridget. Here is a little history of Saint Bridget Catholic Church. 

I worked downtown (in our building) today. Aaron and I had a nice dinner at Some Guys Pizza, where I used to work with Jeff Ayers and led to me meeting Aaron. Irish whiskey at the Red Key Tavern followed. I'm glad we walked there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment