Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: June 16, 1914 and June 16, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Tuesday, June 16, 1914

Was real cool today. Did some fancy work at the office and also at home this evening. 

Nora Spitznogle: Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Off of work today. Rode with Aaron to Glasgow, KY to visit his aunt, uncle, and cousin. 


I wish I knew more about Grandma Nora's work situation. In my mind, when she's not doing bookkeeping she's there as a receptionist, which gives her time for her fancy work. 

I spied this truck on the way there - it made me smile! I wonder if we're related? 

It was such a lovely day. You remember Aaron's dear Grandma Nancy - we visited two of her children, Nancy Jane and Frank Kelley, and Aaron's cousin, Heather. 

I have gotten to know Nancy Jane and Heather from visits over the years and I met Frank at the funeral. It was nice to hear Grandma Nancy stories and tour their neighborhood. 

Heather, Aaron, Nancy Jane, Frank Kelley

A fun story...after Grandma Nancy died, Aaron asked if I'd like anything besides the painting he'd given me earlier. I choose these Blatz beer bottle statues and this most excellent stand with Tom Selleck painted on one side, and who I thought was Robert Goulet....




As it turns out, it was Frank Kelley on the other side. They were reunited today. 

The ride home was uneventful and included a roadside gas station fried chicken dinner that was surprisingly delicious.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment