Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: June 17, 1914 and June 17, 2021

Nora Bauer: Wednesday, June 17, 1914

Did fancy work almost all day today. Went down town this afternoon and saw Ada Porter. Otto Wagner was married. 

Nora Spitznogle: Thursday, June 17, 2021

Worked downtown this morning and remotely this afternoon. Lunch with Aaron at Red Key before he left for the airport. 


A newspaper search for Ada Porter and Grandma Nora didn't turn up anything. 

Otto Wagner was co-owner of a shoe store - I'm guessing that Nora shopped there. 


When most people are asked if they will be one the morning news to promote a pasta drive for Second Helpings they might think about a haircut or makeup. 

Me: Where can I find a pasta costume? 

I worked downtown this morning and from home this afternoon. Aaron and I walked to the Red Key for lunch before he needed to leave for the airport. I always enjoy his visits and am a little melancholy when he leaves.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment