Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: September 26, 1914 and September 26, 2021

Nora Bauer: Saturday, September 26, 1914

Gertrude and I went up to the market this morning at Got some chicken after I came home I killed and dressed them [?]. I also made some pies and cake this afternoon. 

Nora Spitznogle: Sunday, September 26, 2021

Eucharistic Minister at 10:30 Mass at Saint Joan of Arc. Popped into a funeral. Marigold 32nd anniversary staff party and a beautiful sunset boat ride - being on the water is so relaxing. 

So maybe they don't keep chickens at the house. Grandma Nora talks about her fancy work, but the culinary endeavors seem new. 

I had a busy day. Mass, followed by the visitation for one of our long-time Second Helpings volunteers. 

The Marigold staff gathered at co-worker's Mindy's beautiful home on a lake. Great to catch up with everyone and celebrate the amazing business that Marigold is. They are a great employer and very generous to the community. 

Mindy and her husband took a few of us on a sunset boat ride. Stunningly beautiful - hard to believe that we were in Indianapolis city limits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment