Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: September 23, 1914 and September 23, 2021

Nora Bauer: Wednesday, September 23, 1914

Had some good corn chowder for dinner today. Cut out my waist this afternoon. Killed and cleaned the first chicken today. Left the chickens out any mama [?] had to catch it [?]. 

Nora Spitznogle: Thursday, September 23, 2021

Scooted out of work an hour early for eye doctor appointment, ordered new glasses. Went to see music at Silo Auto Club this evening. Fun night with some of my favorite musicians. 


I'm making the entry extra large in case anyone can decipher the last sentence. 

I hadn't thought about them having chickens in town, but why wouldn't they? I wish I had that corn chowder recipe. 


I did a terrible job taking pictures at the concert. It was a songwriters round, where they take turns sharing stories and songs. I'm a fan of them all - Chris Wolf, Cara Jean Whalers, and Chad Mills. 

The venue is really cool - they also have a social membership. I'm tempted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment