Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: September 22, 1914 and September 22, 2021

Nora Bauer: Tuesday, September 22, 1914

Gertrude, Mamie, and I went uptown this afternoon. It was raining real hard. I got a suit and then went over to Hooley's to get my hat. Went to a card social. 

Nora Spitznogle: Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Another work day followed by a committee meeting for a fundraiser I'm volunteering for. Pouring rain flooded the parking lot of Heritage Place, so the meeting was via Zoom. Quiet night home.   

How fun for Grandma Nora to shop with her sisters. Mamie must have been working. I see from Nora's accounting in the back of the journal that she purchased $4.73 in silk for her shirtwaist and that her hat cost $4.50. Nothing recorded for suit, maybe she just picked it out today. She spent 20 cents for the card social. 

Another day of not much excitement. This will be my second year volunteering for the Heritable Place trivia fundraiser. 

No comments:

Post a Comment