Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: August 29, 1914 and August 29, 2021

Nora Bauer: Saturday, August 29, 1914

Worked hard all day. Gertrude, Anna and I went up town. Saw Louis & Chris. Uncle Mike and Leo went home this morning. 

Nora Spitznogle: Sunday, August 29, 2021

10:30 Mass then met Kim in Broad Ripple for the annual duck race - so hot! Late lunch at Just Pop In. Lazy day. 

I'm guessing that Grandma Nora was working in the Barnes Construction office. I'm gathering that the work weeks were a little more fluid in that era - sort of like mine, weekend work is just part of the gig. 

I wonder if Louis is this Louis

You may remember that Uncle Mike and Leo arrived last Saturday. I wonder if they've stayed with Grandma Nora's family all this time? 

Steamy hot day here - I'm usually impervious to the heat, but I dressed wrong - a thick tank top under heavy linen. The duck race was fun - followed by a nice air-conditioned late lunch at Just Pop In with Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment