Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: August 30, 1914 and August 30, 2021

Nora Bauer: Sunday, August 30, 1914

Was out to McCoulfs for dinner today. Had an awful good time. Had a little auto ride. Gee we made some noise. Took quite a few pictures. Went down to Willys and went to the drug store to get some ice cream. 

Nora Spitznogle: Monday, August 30, 2021

Worked at Second Helpings today. Lots of meetings and such. Worked on healthy meal prep this evening. Cooked brown rice and chopped veggies to make a stir fry for lunches this week - and dropped the whole pan on the kitchen rug. Uggh.  

So this is interesting...Grandpa Paul's cousin Fred Spitznogle would marry Amy McCaulf in 1921. I'd always heard Dad talk about Fred and Amy. How I wish I could ask him questions!
Paul and Fred were just five years apart in age. Tragically Amy and Fred were killed on the way home from church in September 1957. There are gruesome details in the article below, you many want to skip if you're feeling squeamish. 
The article does give some nice details about their families. In other research, I learned that Fred's mother, Honora Minneman, was called Nora. That's three Nora Spitznogle's that I know of. 

I've run across a few old photos with Nora and an automobile - I wonder if they are from this day? I hope they're still at the Farm. 
All and all, what a fun day for Nora! 

My day was exactly as described above. Work followed by picking rice out of my kitchen rug. 

No comments:

Post a Comment