Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: July 22, 1914 and July 22, 2021

Nora Bauer: Wednesday, July 22, 1914
Was very warm today. Did some fancy work at the office and also this evening. John was over and we had some ice cream. 

Nora Spitznogle: Thursday, July 22, 2021
Another sort of long day at work. Met Kim for dinner after - her Dad died on Monday. Made shopping list for State Fair baking. 

I keep assuming that John is her cousin John Hayward Bauer - he's two years younger than Grandma Nora. I don't think that she had another beau - she seems pretty true to Paul. 

I met Kim for dinner - her dear papa, then same age as Dad died on Monday. He has been in the hospital and back for a month or so. So sad.....

Ran into other friends on the way out and had a nice chat. 

My State Fair entries are due tomorrow or Saturday. I had a silly idea that I'd be able to do some baking this evening. It was much better spent with Kim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment