Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: July 21, 1914 and July 21, 2021

Nora Bauer: Tuesday, July 21, 1914

Gertrude and I went down to sisters tonight. Gertrude made a cake for Sister Olga. Susie & Teresa went home at 1:00 P.M. 22

Nora Spitznogle: Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Busy day at work. Drove to Farm to borrow an old photograph to enter in State Fair. Played kickball - scored only run!


The other day we found a stash of old holy cards given to Grandma Nora by the School Sisters of Notre Dame, the order that taught at Saint Joseph in Logansport. I know there were a few signed by Sr. Olga. I can't wait to look at them closer. 

I'm still on the trail of Susie and Teresa. 

It was a busy day at work, just like I like 'em! I drove to the Farm to borrow an old photograph to enter in to the Indiana State Fair open show. I entered a photo of Grandma Nora's mom, Barbara  with Nora and Paul's oldest children, Eleanor and Cletus one year and it received the third place ribbon. In 2019 I entered the First Communion photograph of  Felix Spitznogle (Nora and Paul's sixth child) - it received an honorable mention . I'll snap a photo of them the next time I'm at the Farm. 

Beth was there also and we were chatting and looking at pictures when I realized I needed to hightail it to the kickball field - we were playing the late game - 7:55 - and I ran onto the field at 7:54. 
Inexplicably, I scored the only run. 

I guess I can explain it. I was the first kicker that inning and made it to first base. I was followed by three strong kickers that got me rest of the way. No one was more surprised than I was! 

No comments:

Post a Comment