Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: July 20, 1914 and July 20, 2021

Nora Bauer: Monday, July 20, 1914

Mary Brill came today all of us girls were over to Aunt Kate's tonight. Had a good time. 

Nora Bauer: Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Worked late today, finally feeling caught up on emails and such. Speaking of finally - front yard is mowed. 

You might remember that Mary lives in Shelbyville. I love that they're all hanging out at Aunt Kate's. 

I worked until 7:00 - it's amazing how much you can get done when it's quieter. 

I finally got the front yard mowed - the grass was so tall that it kept gumming up the mower. A neighbor came over to see if she could help - nothing like a grey-haired woman mowing the grass in her work boots to bring out the nice folks. 

One bonus of the pandemic was getting to know my neighbors better. I've become much closer to my neighbors on the south - they've been so sweet this last year and about Dad. Mr. G. reminds me of Dad. He retired from working in automotive manufacturing and is a UAW guy. 

Off to bed. Look at me go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment