Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: July 28, 1914 and July 28, 2021

Nora Bauer: Tuesday, July 28, 1914

Mary Brill came back again today. She was over at our house w [for?] a few minutes last evening. They went over to Franks. Mamie & Anna went with them. 

Nora Spitznogle: Wednesday, July 28, 2021

My work day was full of meetings and organizing my office. Went to see Conrad Cortellini's code art. Cheered on the kickball team - they didn't need me to play. 

Grandma Nora has mentioned Mary Brill before. I still haven't figured out the connection, but here's a blurb from this visit. 

I wonder if the Franks they visited was Uncle Frank Bauer? He was in the same business - tavern- as her father, Felix. 

I put a white board on wheels in front of the storage shelves and hung a photograph of Mrs. Herr volunteering at Second Helpings along with Dad's volunteer name tag. It makes me smile! 
After work I popped into Conrad Cortellini's open house. He's getting ready to move his studio. Read more about Conrad's work by clicking here. 
I wasn't needed to play a position on our kick ball this evening, so I cheered them on. We didn't win, but we didn't lose by as much as usual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment