Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: July 27, 1914 and July 27, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Monday, July 27

Was pretty busy today. Went up town and met Marie Porter. She bought me some ice cream. 

Nora Spitznogle: Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Moved back into my old office today. Quiet evening at home catching up on writing - not dishes. 

Marie Porter and Grandma Nora went to Saint Joesph's School together. I'm delighted about how often Grandma Nora mentions ice cream - Dad loved ice cream too. 

Last year when the pandemic started the staff moved from the open office space to places where we could be at least six feet apart. I was thrilled (seriously) to be working from an eight foot table in the conference room. I was in front of a window looking out over the front of the building and close to the front desk. I was able to solve some things before before they became problems. And a window! 

We're turning the conference room back to a meeting space, now that we're starting to have more in person meetings. 

In surveying the staff we learned that everyone wanted to get back together. We've also started asking for proof of COVID vaccination. Vaccinated people have the option of not masking, all others much mask and distance. 

Anyway, with distancing and having a bigger staff and such there is no room for me back in the open space so I'm back in my original office - although it's being used as a storage room. I took my table and moved on in. I've worked in five different spaces in my 16 years there. It's sort of fun to back back where I started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment