Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: July 26, 1914 and July 26, 2021

Nora Bauer: Sunday, July 26, 1914

Went to see Barney Oldfield and Lincoln Beachey this afternoon. Beachey is some flier. Paul was over for supper and we took a drive. X     

Nora Spitznogle, Monday, July 26, 2021

I tried to leave work an hour early to finish cake, instead was the last one to leave. Delivered cake, dinner with Kassie and Schaun.  



What and exciting show that Grandma Nora got to see. Aeroplanes and automobiles! I'm glad that she had supper and a ride with Paul. I wonder why Grandma Nora added the X? 

I finished frosting and topping the cake. Of course I forgot to take a photo of the finished product. Since it's the every-other-Monday dinner with Kassie and Schaun I asked Schaun to pick me up to deliver the cake to the Fair. I only live a mile away, I don't know how people who live five counties away manage it. 

Here I am dropping it off - I'm always afraid I'll trip down those stairs and drop something.

We drove around the Fairgrounds. This year's attraction is this giant Ferris wheel. I will NOT be riding that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment