Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: January 9, 1915 and January 9, 2023

Nora Bauer: Saturday, January 9, 1915

Was nice out today. Went down town this afternoon saw quite a few people I knew. 

Nora Spitznogle: Monday, January 9, 2023

Worked at Second Helpings today, ducked out for Mom's doctor's appointment and lunch. More home projects. 


I know that I said it two years ago, but my goal THIS year is to walk the path from Grandma Nora's house to St. Joesph's and downtown Logansport. I'm still unclear whether she walked or took public transportation or their carriage to where she was going. 

I love that she saw people that she knew - I like to think that I got my "visiting" bent from her and Dad. 

Mom had a follow up appointment with her surgeon this afternoon. She had a hysterectomy in November to remove uterine cancer. The plan now is to monitor quarterly - there is nothing new, so we'll see her doctor in three months. I feel so bad for Mom, her life seems to be a series of doctors appointments and I know she's tired of it! 

My home improvement projects continue and I'm trying to ride that wave of enthusiasm, because that doesn't often happen. 


This evening I hung this groovy lamp that I got in my neighborhood swap group for $10. Isn't it cool? Also pictured is my fabulous 1950s era sofa with the original vinyl slipcovers and a snippet of my collection of Tonic Ball posters. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment