Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: January 8, 1915 and January 8, 2023

Nora Bauer: Friday, January 8, 1915

Started crocheting lace on my center piece  dresser scarf today. There was a fire down on Helen St. tonight. Taylor's barn burned. 

Nora Spitznogle: Sunday, January 8, 2023

I attacked the rest of the things that I unearthed from the closet - I have carload of things to donate.   

I keep saying this, but I sure wish I could see Grandma Nora's fancy work.

Here are the details of the fire. I wonder how much trouble they all got in? 


I loved having a rare day with no obligations. Of course, Grandma Nora would have pointed out that going to Mass is an obligation - sorry, Grandma. I loved having the whole day off. I got a ton of work done and packed bags and bags of things to take to the Catholic thrift store tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment