Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: January 10, 1915 and January 10, 2023

Nora Bauer: Sunday, January 10, 1915

Was to 7:30 and 10 o'clock Mass today. Did some typing for Sister this afternoon. We played cards this evening. 

Nora Spitznogle, Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Busy day at Second Helpings, including interviewing potential culinary students. My evening home project was tackling a corner of the basement. 


I appreciate Grandma Nora's dedication to the Church. Especially when you consider that Masses were in Latin and the priests faced the altar (so their backs were to the congregation) in those days. The thought that she was part of a choir would make sense. Or maybe she was just waiting for her beau, Paul, to show up with his mother. 

Nora was doing some typing for Sister this time last year - 1914, that is. 

I love the idea of Nora's family all playing cards together. 

My day was long - Second Helpings is open later on Tuesdays so it's a good night to stay later and get things done with minimal interruptions. It was fun to give potential culinary job training students tours and interview the ones that are interested. 

My zeal for organizing is still hot, so I tackled the basement. The basement is a wreck, so I decided to start in the corner and go from there. I have another car load of donations ready to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment