Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: January 2, 1915 and January 2, 2023

Nora Bauer: Wednesday, January 2, 1915

Am starting some new lace. Gertrude and Anna went up town tonight.

Nora Spitznogle: Saturday, January 2, 2023

Went to watch the Purdue football bowl game with my friend Ann. 


It sounds like Grandma Nora hunkered down with her fancy work this evening. Her sisters, Gertrude and Anna went uptown - I wonder if they did any shopping? 


Since New Year's Day was on Sunday, the federal holiday is today. And all of my jobs were closed, woo hoo! 

I lounged around my house this morning, then I donned by vintage Purdue football sweater and headed over to the Mitchell's house to watch the game with Ann and Jerry and his parents. 

Purdue played LSU in the Citrus Bowl....and lost 63 to 7. At one point I was cheering for a great play that an LSU player made. 

Even though the bowl game was a bust, the company was great. Ann and I exchanged Christmas gifts - she's fun to buy for and she's a great gift giver. We ate and laughed and I finally relaxed for the first time in months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment