Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: January 3, 1915 and January 3, 2023

Nora Bauer: Sunday, January 3, 1915

Went to 9 o'clock Mass and got dinner. We all went down to Uncle John's tonight. We played six handed euchre. 

Nora Spitznogle, Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Worked today - plenty of meetings. I got my hair cut this evening. Liz and Sarah and I went to dinner after. 

When Grandma Nora says "got dinner" I wonder if she is eating out or picking something up and taking it home?

Uncle John is her papa's younger brother. It sounds like a fun family evening! I always joke that I learned how to count by playing Euchre at the knees of my Spitznogle cousins. Six-handed Euchre would be fun to learn. 

The long weekend is over and my workday was full of meetings. I got my hair cut after work. Sarah has become a friend and our mutual friend, Liz, and I coordinate appointments so the three of us can got to dinner after. The weather is unseasonably warm, so we walked to a Mexican restaurant down the street. 

It's always great to laugh with friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment