Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: January 15, 1915 and January 15, 2023

Nora Bauer: Friday, January 15, 1915

Was pretty sleepy today. Went up town this afternoon. Did some crocheting this evening. 

Nora Spitznogle: Sunday, January 15, 2023

Went to Aunt Carol's funeral service and luncheon with Schaun and Brenda in Anderson. 


I'll bet that Grandma Nora was tired after the excitement of hosting the dance last night. I wish I know whether going uptown meant to work, or shop, or what. 

Today was Aunt Carol's funeral at the church that she and her husband, Dale, attended. Aunt Carol was active in the church - landscaping and funeral dinners among her activities. The service was really nice and the people were wonderful. 

I always say that you can measure the life of someone by the desserts at their funeral dinner. 

Aunt Carol was clearly loved! 

I may have skipped some family history - Aunt Carol was married to my mom's youngest brother, Uncle Phil. Their children, Kelly, Christopher, and Andy are my first cousins. 

Kelly is engaged to Adrian Rising-Moore, brother of Schaun (who I used to date) and Brenda (who continues to be a dear friend). 

No comments:

Post a Comment