Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: December 5, 1914 and December 5, 2021


Nora Bauer: Saturday, December 5, 1914

Was raining again today. Was up town this morning. Gertrude and Anna went up town tonight and I pressed my skirt. 

Nora Spitznogle: Sunday, December 5, 2021

I was an EME at 10:30 Mass at Saint Joan of Arc, brunch with Kim,  dinner at Linda's followed by Winterlights. 

This seems like a bit of a sad entry. December rain, staying home to iron while your sisters go uptown. Hopefully Grandma Nora was feeling okay. 

I had a very fun day. Mass at 10:30, followed by a brunch at Milktooth with Kim. It was a chilly wait for a table, but so worth it. 

We ordered both the sweet and savory Dutch Babies - so good...and I'm writing about them for a piece in Indianapolis Monthly! I've wanted to write for them forever and I'm excited about being assigned a few blurbs for a food feature. 

Linda (college friend, Marigold owner) hosted a fun dinner with her sister Tina and her husband Dave, and niece Elizabeth (Marigold manager) and her daring twins. Yummy soup and laughter. 

Linda treated Tina, Dave, and I to tickets to Winterlights at Newfields. The incredible lights are one of my favorite things to see and it always puts my in the holiday spirit. 

Nora, Linda, Tina
It was super cold, but the lights, good company, and spiked hot chocolate helped keep me warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment