Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: November 22, 1914 and November 22, 2021

Nora Bauer: Sunday, November 22, 1914

Was to 3 Masses this morning. Paul and I and the crowd was out at Minnemans for dinner. We went out walking in the afternoon through the asylum. 

Nora Spitznogle: Monday, November 22, 2021

Worked at Second Helpings today, interviewed potential culinary job training students. Another night of going through boxes and catching up on laundry and panicking about getting everything done. . 

Three Masses? Grandma Nora, you're making the rest of us look bad. I hope you were praying for your future grandchildren. 

I wonder if Nora was talking about Longcliff when she says asylum? She's called it Longcliff in other posts. The thought of Paul and Nora talking a Sunday evening walk is sweet. 

Not much else to tell about my day, although I made a batch of Grandma Leona's cranberry salad to take to Mom tomorrow. 

I'm so ready for a little vacation and some Texas sunshine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment