Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: November 21, 1914 and November 21, 2021

Nora Bauer: Saturday, November 21, 1914

Was some warmer today. Anna, Gertrude, and I went up town tonight. The new 5 & 10 store was opened today. 

Nora Spitznogle: Sunday, November 21, 2021

Guess what? I worked today. At Marigold clothing store, it's always fun to work there, but I sure am tired. Yawn. 

I love the thought of Grandma Nora and her sisters going uptown on a Saturday night. 

The new five and ten cent store is pulling out all the stops! I'll bet the open day was exciting. 

I worked at Marigold today. For years I worked one or two Sundays a month. They haven't reopened on Sundays since the pandemic started and I've enjoyed having at least one whole day off. They're going to be open a few Sundays around the holidays and this is one of them. 

Helped Schaun file his sales taxes after work and had dinner at Mimi Blues. 

The rest of the evening was spent trying to corral the stuff that I brought back from the farm into some semblance. I'm leaving for Austin on Wednesday and want there to be at least a path through the house for Kassie to feed the cat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment