Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: September 7, 1914 and September 7, 2021

Nora Bauer: Monday, September 7, 1914

Worked all day today. Was making blue prints this morning and worked on the books this afternoon. 

Nora Spitznogle: Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Was the late manager this evening, didn't go in until noon. Sold some things on swaparoo. Cotton!  

I've been wondering what the blueprint process looked like in Grandma Nora's day. Here is a nice explanation of the process over the centuries. Click here to read it
I love having the morning off - I'm so much more productive. There is a neighborhood Swaparoo group on Facebook - sort of an electronic yard sale. You post pictures and the price, arrange payment and the buyer picks it up on your porch. I had some kitchen gadgets that I never use, so off they went. It's nice to make a few bucks, but for me it's about getting it out of the house to people who want it and it stays in the neighborhood. 

Another cotton boll blossomed - I find growing cotton delightful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment