Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: August 11, 1914 and August 11, 2021

Nora Bauer: Tuesday, August 11, 1914

Gertrude & Clara went to a party on [at] Edith Yagers tonight. Anna went to the club. Mamie and I were doing fancy work. Paul called up a little while ago because we couldn't go to the dance. 

Nora Spitznogle: Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Worked today and headed straight to the Indiana State Fair. I had a lovely evening of wandering around and looking through the buildings. Of course I had to visit The Lamp. It was a lovely, relaxing evening. 

I like it when Grandma Nora throws in last names. Edith Yagers graduated with Gertrude (and Herman) in May. 
The reminds me that I still haven't figured out the name of Anna's club yet. Properly writing this blog could be a full time job. Wouldn't that be fun? 

I did a quick search to see if I could figure out what dance Grandpa Paul and Grandma Nora missed. I'm most curious about what fancy work Mamie and Nora were doing. 

I had a nice evening at the Fair, although I was missing Dad a whole bunch. 

These photos popped up today. 
I was trying to get Dad to "dot the I" in Fair. We laughed a lot - and went through two volunteer photographers. 

Every year Dad would stop and relive the night that he and Jake Richason sneaked out of the dorm through this door. The shenanigans included Dad driving around the track, stopping out the Grandstand to take a bow, and the case of beer in Dad's trunk.  

I sat at this bench enjoying my pork chop sandwich, thinking I was having a conversation with the guy behind me. I thought his answers and questions were a little odd, but I powered through it. As it turns out, he was on his phone. 

I'm pretty sure this was the moment I officially became a crazy old lady. 

No comments:

Post a Comment