Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: July 24, 1914 and July 24, 2021

Nora Bauer: Friday, July 24, 1914

Had a nice rain this afternoon. is somewhat cooler this evening. Started my pillow this afternoon. 

Nora Spitznogle: Saturday, July 24, 2021

Up early to bake, worked at Marigold, more baking, took entries to Fair, worked at Key. 

It looks like Grandma Nora has another fancy work project in the works. 

Boy this was a busy day! I got up at 6:00 to bake and make toffee. I smoothed my hair down enough to look slightly presentable to work at Marigold. Back home to bake more cookies. Then the stress of picking out six cookies that look alike to enter. 

Luckily I live just a mile from the Fairgrounds. I don't know how people bring their baked goods from five counties away. 

I was amazed by how many of the people volunteering to check in the culinary and antiques knew about Dad and shared memories - he loved the State Fair as much as I do. I drove around the Fairgrounds and stopped by Pioneer Village. Dang, I look tired - I guess I've earned it! 

I went straight to work at the Red Key. It was nice and busy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment