Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: July 16, 1914 and July 16, 2021

Nora Bauer: Thursday, July 16, 1914

Gertrude and I went to singing class Sister told us they that a telegram saying that Sr. Hyacinth died last night. 

Nora Bauer: Friday, July 16, 2021

Early manager at Second Helpings, tagged along for TV spot, nap after work, Saint Joan of Arc Centennial cocktail party later. 

I had a little panic about this update - I thought that her cousin, Beatrice Bauer - Sister Hyacinth had died. Poor Aunt Kate! 

Our Sister Hyacinth lived to be 86 years old. Phew! 

I got home from the Farm around 1:30 and had to leave for work at 6:00. I enjoy being the first one in the building - turning on lights, making coffee, putting the mops in the dryer - all tasks that I that have a clear goal and sense of accomplishment - so much of what it do doesn't have that. 

I hung out with our Executive Chef, Kathy Jones, on Indy Style this morning. She did an excellent job! You can watch it by clicking here. Bonus: find out who has the best job at Second Helpings - Kathy or Nora. The co-anchor, Nina, remembered me from the pasta costume interview last month. 

I really need to get thank you cards written for all of the amazing things that people did when Dad died. I managed to write three today. 

I took a nice nap when I got home from work then forced myself to go to a cocktail party on the church parking lot that I'd signed up for. Luckily there was a tent - it was pouring! 

I'm glad that I went - it was nice to see folks and lots of condolences on Dad's death.  

No comments:

Post a Comment