Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: July 17, 1914 and July 17, 2021

Nora Bauer: Friday, July 17, 1914

Mr. Barnes was out of town today. Was doing fancy work at the office. Darned my silk stockings this evening. 

Nora Spitznogle: Saturday, July 17, 2021

Worked at Marigold today. Took the night off to see Otis Gibbs with friends at HiFi - took the Red Line. 

It cracks me up that Grandma Nora did her fancy work at the office - it's better than sitting around doing nothing. It sounds like her Friday evening was as exciting as mine was last night. 

I always enjoy working at Marigold Clothing. My co-workers and the customers are great and it's fun to see what is in the store. 

Matthew Aaron opened 
Otis Gibbs

I've been trying to go to the Otis Gibbs ,(<--- be sure and click on his website - good stuff) show for over a year now. First it was delayed because of the pandemic then because of inclement weather (he was playing outdoors). The show was scheduled for last night, but then moved to tonight - I was beyond bummed and asked someone to cover my shift at the last minute and she did!  

It was such a great evening! Kassie went with me, caught up with more friends at the Red Key and took the Red Line (public transportation) to Fountain Square. 

I saw so many people that I hadn't seen since the pandemic started - so much laughter and hugs and kind words about Dad. 

What a fantastic evening....

There is a giant painting of Otis in the hallway of HiFi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment