Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: June 7 1914 and June 7, 2021

Nora Bauer: Sunday, June 7, 1914
Was very warm today. Went to church this afternoon and walked up town with Hedwig. Uncle John and John were over this evening and of course Paul. 

Nora Spitznogle, Monday, June 7, 2021
Worked downtown at Second Helpings today, mowed the front lawn before I even went into the house, walked to meet David  for dinner at the Jazz Kitchen. 

Grandma Nora is mentioning a few new people with this entry. I found a mention of Hedwig Bauman listed in her sister, Gertrude's graduating class. 

I'm pretty sure Uncle John and John were her dad's brother and her cousin. John Jacob Bauer was born in 1852 and died in 1938. John Hayward Bauer was born in 1896 and died in 1983. It's sad to me that I was 22 years old when John Hayward Bauer died and I have no memory of him. 

I love that Paul is now an "of course he was there" mention - it must be getting serious! 

I had an unexpectedly fun evening. The grass was embarrassingly tall, so I grabbed my work boots of the porch and mowed the grass before I even went in the house. While I was being a responsible homeowner and mowing, I'd missed a call from my friend, David, inviting me to meet him at the Jazz Kitchen for dinner. I did a quick clean up and walked to meet him. It was great to catch up and run into folks that I hadn't seen in over a year. 

Not a bad Monday at all! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment