Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: June 19, 1914 and June 19, 2021

Nora Bauer: Friday, June 19, 1914

Was to 6 o'clock Mass this morning also to holy hours this evening. Walked home with Mrs. Medland. 

Nora Spitznogle: Saturday, June 19, 2021

Worked at Marigold this afternoon and the Red Key Tavern this evening. Managed a small nap in between. 

I'm guessing that the Medland's were neighbors. I found mention of Mr. Medland, who was Cass County Auditor in 1914. 

This is the first mention of Grandma Nora being able to walk to Saint Joseph Church. I can't wait until I can spend some time retracing her steps. 

My day was filled with work - it's always fun to work at Marigold among the pretties. I think I managed to not purchase anything...a fashionable downfall of spending five hours looking at the clothes. 

The Red Key was the usual slightly frantic mix of cooking and waitressing (I usually do both) and taking out the trash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment