Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: June 12, 1914 and June 12, 2021

Friday, June 12, 1914

They had Sunday School rally today and had a nice parade. Went over to Maibens tonight then ? a Mass. 

Saturday, June 12, 2021

Whirlwind of a day! Worked at Second Helpings, took Dad to three graduation parties, then worked at the Red Key. 


It looks like the Sunday School Rally Day was a success....gilded cages, duck suits, and all. 


Dad and I had a practically had a parade of our own. I worked at Second Helpings (Marion County) in the morning, pick dad up at the Farm (Boone County), we went to the first graduation party in Noblesville (Hamilton County) to celebrate the graduation of Monica Spitznogle - Nora's great-great granddaughter. Monica graduated with my nephew, John, from Guerin High School.  It was great to see cousins and J.R. and Anna and John. I didn't manage to take one photograph.

The next party was near Kokomo (Howard County) to celebrate Micah Gremelspacher, my maternal cousin Christopher's son, who also graduated from Guerin. More cousins and once again, no photos. 

The third party was for Kate Gremelspacher, my maternal cousin, Matt's daughter. The party was held at the Gremelspacher Home Farm, south of Logansport (Cass County). I managed to take exactly one photograph there - Dad and Kate. 




Just as I was leaving - I still had to work at the Red Key - I got word that my brother-in-law Tim had taken my youngest sister, Ann, to the emergency room at Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, AZ with troubling stroke-like symptoms. I broke the news to Mom and Dad and we all headed back towards home. 

I dropped Dad back off at the Farm and headed to work at the Red Key. Tim did a wonderful job of keeping us informed. They did immediate treatment with the blood thinning drugs if it was a stroke and Annie seemed to respond, although it's not clear what was causing her symptoms. 

What a worrisome evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment