Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

June 22, 1914 and June 22, 2021

Nora Bauer: Monday, June 22, 1914

Was still very warm. Had a few nice showers today. Did fancy work tonight. 

Nora Spitznogle: Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Worked downtown today. Went to the farm after - Dad had a bed moved downstairs and he's very happy with it. 


It sounds like Grandma Nora had a calm Monday. Good for her! 

I called Boone County Senior Services to discuss what they had to offer and made an appointment for Monday at the Farm for an assessment. It sounds promising. 

Dad called me at work to tell me that he wanted a bed moved downstairs - something that had been talked about off and on ever since he had his heart surgery a year ago. He wanted everyone to be there. He told me who he had lined up and he had plenty of help and I pointed out that gravity was on his side. 

I worked late and I didn't get to the Farm until after 8:00 P.M. Dad was already tucked in his bed and looking happy as could be. He had a single-sized bed brought down, one that he had made the headboard for. Everything looked surprisingly nice - Beth and Jenny (a family friend that has become close to Dad) and Jenny's husband did a wonderful job. 

Here he is feigning sleep. 




I love our family room - the rough sawn cedar walls and the fireplace are so cozy. The walnut mantel and window bench are made from the tree that needed to be cut down to make room for the house. Our family moved in almost 52 years ago. 

I stayed until after he fell asleep. I was planning on spending the night, but Beth volunteered to stay. I left my dress and such there so I can spend tomorrow night. I got home around 1:00. 

No comments:

Post a Comment