Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: May 28, 1914 and May 28, 2021

Nora Bauer: Thursday, May 28, 1914

Went to see the play again tonight. Mrs. Berryman and Margaret Baker went with me. 

Nora Spitznogle: Friday, May 28, 2021

I worked at Second Helpings today followed by waitressing at the Red Key this evening. 

I haven't heard Grandma Nora mention Mrs. Berryman or Mary Baker before. Adding them to my "list." 

It was a quiet day at work - the Friday before a holiday weekend tend to be that way. I got caught up with emails and filing.

I went straight to work at the Red Key, I picked up the shift for a co-worker - it's fun to see what happens on other nights. That said, I'm beat! 

I realized that I don't share enough about the amazing Second Helpings, so I'm going to try to be better about sharing some photographs and behind-the-scenes fun. 

We "rescued" four pallets of potatoes this week. What we can't use in our meal production, we'll pass along to food pantries and other social services agencies. 

When the pandemic hit we started packaging meals for home delivery. Look at these gorgeous salads! 

No comments:

Post a Comment