Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: April 8, 1914 and April 8, 2021

Nora Bauer: Wednesday, April 8, 1914
Did not work this morning was not feeling very well. Had some snow today and at present it is snowing and there is quite a bit. 

Nora Spitznogle: Thursday, April 8, 2021
Another sunny day in Phoenix. Annie and I puttered around this morning and visited the Rudi Gernreich show at the Phoenix Art Museum. Dad's 85th birthday. 
I wonder if Grandma Nora pictured having children...let alone ten? Dad is the youngest of the bunch. Nora died when Dad was just 14. When I started this project a friend pointed out that not many of our contemporaries had grandparents that were born in the 1800s. 

I started the day with a nice walk with Harry. Annie and I puttered around the house and ventured out to the Phoenix Art Museum for the wonderful retrospective of Rudi Gernreich's fashion career. It was so hard to not touch the clothes.

Ann and Tim and I sang Happy Birthday to Dad. We had delicious salads for dinner and another rousing round of dominos. I finally won a game, but Ann was the champion again. 

I'm all packed...I fly out tomorrow afternoon....I'm sorry be leaving....

No comments:

Post a Comment