Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: April 7, 1914 and April 7, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Tuesday, April 7, 1914

Rained again all morning. Margaret Schnitz was down to the office and we were trying to start a set of books. 20

Nora Spitznogle: Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Another beautiful day in the Valley of the Sun. Ann had a PT appointment followed by lunch and vintage shopping. 

You may remember that after Grandma Nora died in 1951, Paul married Margaret Schnitz in 1954. I find it delightful to find glimpses of Nora and Margaret together. I also find it interesting that Nora always mentions Margaret by first and last name. 

Sunny and warm here. Harry and I took an early morning walk and shared a banana at the local coffee house. Ann had an afternoon physical therapy appointment. I sat outdoors and soaked in the sun while Annie did the hard work. 

We stopped for lunch at one of Ann's favorite Mexican restaurants and she took me to a fun vintage store. I found a few things, including a vintage flashlight, that will fit in my suitcase. 

We had a relaxing evening at home. Annie and I watched episodes of HGTV shows, including the Brady Bunch house renovation series. The Brandy Bunch was one of the few shows that we were allowed to watch as kiddos. It blew our minds when we learned from the renovation show that the house shown in the series was not the interior used on the show....in fact, when you look at the house you realized that there is no second floor, while there was on the show. 

Tim, Ann, and I  played three rousing rounds of dominos - Ann beat us soundly all three rounds. Rematch tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment