Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: April 24, 1914 and April 24, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Friday, April 24, 1914

Intended going to prayer hour tonight but we had an awful thunderstorm and lightening and then I didn't go. 

Nora Spitznogle: Saturday, April 24, 2021

Drove to Walton for Brandi's baby shower - saw lots of cousins! Raced back for my Red Key waitressing shift.

It sounds like Grandma Nora's day was pretty uneventful, if the storm was the big news of the day. 

I so wish she could have joined me! Several of her granddaughters, great granddaughters, and a few great-great granddaughters were there. 

We were celebrating the impending birth of Brandi Lucas Richardson's daughter. Here's the line from Grandma to Brandi....
Her eldest son: Cletus. 
Cletus's youngest daughter: Judi Spitznogle Lucas
Judi's oldest daughter, Brandi Lucas Richardson

I had so much fun chatting with Chris and Susan - daughters of Cletus - both of whom have added to my collection of Nora material. 

I can't describe how happy I was to be sitting with them and cousins-in-law and first cousins once-removed (or whatever you call the children of cousins). 

I was so busy soaking in the family-ness that I forgot to take even one dang photograph. 

I stayed at the shower fifteen minutes longer than I should have, but I slipped into work just a few minutes late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment