Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: April 23, 1914 and April 23, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Thursday, April 23, 1914

Was pretty sleepy today and did not do much at the office. Got a card from Leo. Went to singing class tonight. 

Nora Spitznogle: Friday, April 23, 2021

Fun day at work - no meetings! Our virtual Corks & Forks event was this evening. It was wonderful and raised great money. 

I'll bet Grandma Nora was sleepy after her late night with Paul at the dance! She noted in the back of her journal that the card was from Leo Bauer, a cousin. 

I had a nice day at work, and popped out to pick up the chef food boxes I'd ordered as part of our Corks and Forks virtual event. I love when we can have the fundraiser at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, but I'm usually running around like a nut making sure that the chefs have everything they need. It was nice to be able to chat with the chefs without lugging hand washing stations around. 

I watched the event at home - I didn't even try to invite people to eat and watch with me. I loved every second of it. Here are a few videos that were shown - A wrap-up o the last year  -you'll get a glimpse of me in this one. and this great culinary job training graduate story about my co-worker, Lala. 


No comments:

Post a Comment